Data Scientist - South America
About the job
We are looking for a Semi-Senior Data Scientist to join our rapidly growing team of analytics experts. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working on all aspects of the Data Science pipeline using the Python Data Science toolkit. The candidate must have at least two years hands-on experience in the Data Science field and a solid background in Math and Statistics.
As part of the Tribes.AI Data Science team, the candidate will work closely with other people in the Data Science and Data Engineering teams on building and deploying machine learning models and algorithms, analyzing large amounts of data to discover trends and patterns and presenting information using the most adequate data visualization techniques.
The candidate must be able to manage their workload and work independently, to manage interactions at all levels in a small but highly diverse organization and, most importantly, to be able to innovate to solve business problems and industry challenges.
Tribes.AI is a new startup aiming to help build strong high-performance teams with advanced analytics.
Teams today produce a huge amount of data via everyday activities (emails, meetings, chats, files, tasks, code, etc) that can be mined for trends. This data provides powerful insights into team performance and helps management make more informed decisions about their employees, teams and clients.
The management team at Tribes.AI have already successfully built and sold a large data consulting company, Datalicious. As a result we understand how valuable our team members are, and how to build working teams that produce results no matter what timezone you are in. We value skilled employees who are at the top of their game, who want to take ownership and who want to grow with us.
If you want to research us some more, we suggest you check out our current team on LinkedIn, what they say on Glassdoor and our funding progress on Crunchbase.
All team members are usually offered the following perks ...
- Flexible working hours (i.e. we don't care when you work, within reason, as long as the work gets done)
- Working from home (i.e. we don't care from where you work, whatever makes you most productive)
- Working from home expenses (i.e. we pay for your home Internet and any other reasonable expenses)
- New laptop via EMI purchase (i.e. you buy it and own it but you can expense the monthly repayments)
- Unlimited leave (i.e. we don't count days off so take as many as you need as long as the work gets done)
- Training courses (i.e. we want you to keep learning so we pay for relevant courses and give you time off)
- Share options plan (i.e. once you're past probation you will get access to our employee share options plan)
Your job responsibilities would include ...
- Work closely with other Data Scientists and Data Engineers in implementing and optimizing DS processes
- Work closely with Data Engineers in data extraction and transformation processes
- Engage in exploratory data analysis tasks for different purposes
- Design, tune and optimize ML models
- Document tasks, models and code
- Apply / Design / Implement algorithms to solve new business problems
- Communicate technical results in business terms
- Develop / Maintain DS code
Our team members should be ...
- Hungry for knowledge and passionate about their chosen discipline in the right way (i.e. not merely applying the most fancy algorithms or tools but instead the ones best suited to solve the business problem at hand)
- Capable of working with almost no supervision (i.e. be self-driven, able to organize their own tasks, QA their own work and spot their own errors, explore new approaches, manage time frames / deadlines, etc)
- Great written and spoken communicators (i.e. solid written and spoken English skills, efficiently use of instant messaging and other remote team platforms, ability to document code / tasks, know when to bother other people with their own problems, etc)
- Team workers with a strong collaborative attitude (i.e. interest in other team member's challenges, ready to help with constructive suggestions unasked, never make any fuss about other people's mistakes, positive can do attitude all around, etc)
- Obsessed with perfection and driven by a constant need to optimize (i.e. always wanting to look for a way of doing things even better than they already are, etc)
- Committed as in ready to stay with us for the long run (i.e. recruitment, on-boarding and training are extremely time-consuming tasks we do not want to go through time and time again)
Our team members should have the following skills ...
- Python Data Science Toolkit
- NumPy / SciPy
- Jupyter Notebooks
- Experience with GCP, in particular
- Google Cloud Datastore
- Data Studio
- App Engine (nice to have)
- Experience with graph databases (nice to have):
This is a remote job that requires a definite daily working time overlap with other members of the Data Science Team. Candidates must be located within the following time zones: GMT to GMT-6. This is a hard requirement. Your application will be considered as ‘Not a Fit’ if not met. In case you do not meet this requirement but you still want us to consider you for similar positions in the future, please send us an email with your CV attached to email@example.com.